Sunday 4 June 2017

Mini triathlon :)

Did Go Tri's Hamble mini triathlon #1 today with a gaggle of chums from Runcamp 365 / LRR

What a brilliant morning :)

160m swim 3.32.71
T1 3.48.76
10k cycle 26.18.03
T2 1.53.22
2k run 15.03.14
= 50.35.86

All I can say is thank god Kelly Wickens was busy in the pool starting everyone as my T1 was hilariously bad! 
I really do have to get quicker / more organised or at least have a sense of urgency about myself when in transition. I'm on operation shave minutes off my half IM time so I finish within the cutoff at Weymouth on the 17/9, and transitions are an excellent way of saving time. I'm also on lose 30lbs by 17/9 as that should save me at least ten mins on the run just because I'm lighter. And yes, I will do training - I'm about to do my training plan. The key of course will be to actually follow it :)

Back to the mini tri...
So fab to see fellow tri club buddy Sandra marshalling. It's so wonderful seeing familiar faces when competing.

Kinda forgot I was racing until I was overtaken on the bike. Day dreaming and racing aren't really a match made in heaven :(
But the cycle was good, felt strong and knew I could have been faster. The run was fine. No niggles. Again I could have gone faster. And I enjoyed the swim. Felt smooth and relaxed.

All in all a really fun event made even more special as I was doing it with a whole heap of chums who had never done a triathlon before. They loved it. Such a cheap event to - maybe £12? They've got two more lined up at Hamble school - 6/8 and 3/9. I'd absolutely recommend them xx

We then went for brunch as all triathletes do after a race :)

No comments: