Tuesday 24 November 2015

Lizzie moon boot Carter :(

Hmmmm... I saw my consultant today at the foot and ankle treatment centre. The MRI shows that not all my damaged ligaments from thunder run have healed.
Bummer :(

So I've got a moon boot for six weeks then I need to phone physio Sam and gently start my rehab. I'll then see the consultant again at the end of Feb 2016 and hopefully he'll say that my ligaments due to immobilization and rehab have finally decided to heal themselves and I'll be able to run again.

But if that doesn't happen?
Maybe surgery :(

But that's three months away so let's cross that operating table bridge when we get to it and not get all stressed about it yet.

What I can do now:-
Swim - front crawl - not with boot on
Cycle with my boot on
Gym with my boot on
Lose 30lbs - boot on and / or off.

All of the above will aid my running as and when I can start again.

So it's absolutely not at all doom and gloom.
Operation fit and healthy is back in business. I've got three months to get back down to optimum feeling fabulous weight and hopefully sharing my experiences on here will help to keep me on track :)

No comments: