Tuesday 9 June 2015

Gently easing into marathonliz part two

Such a lovely weekend in Hove.

Ran 7k in 50mins with Sarah. We chatted non stop as we ran up and down the sea front. With a fab afternoon of looking at flowers with Clare and Elizabeth (attached pic taken from a bench at the Garden House in Brighton while drinking tea and eating chocolate cake).

Sunday when I got home, instead of immediately having a cup of tea I got changed into my running gear then went for a gentle run. 5k 39mins then 15mins on the stationary bike 8.6k

I've still got a week before my training plan starts so feel great that I'm already laying down good foundations around consistency of running. My goal for the Twin Cities is to stick to the training plan  regardless. Until you actually run, running is all mental and I'm extremely adept at convincing myself to reset the alarm clock, roll over and get 30mins more snoozing in :)

My plan for this week...
Runcamp this eve
Hilsea lido before work, RR10 after work
Tri club swimming at Oaklands Thursday
Not sure about Friday
Maybe parkrun Saturday or tri club
Polsdon Lacey 10k Sunday

Then it's 16 weeks to until my second marathon!!!!!!! Wahoooooooo - soooooo excited.

No comments: