Tuesday 21 February 2012

Long time NO post

11 days since my last post.
i cheered on the brighton half marathon runners and was kinda sad that i wasn't running - especially as it was such a beautiful day yesterday.

so... OF&H / injury update.

lauren - physio - thinks we've found the root cause of my knee injury. i should have written it down. something about deep in my muscle just above my knee cap i have a twitching something or other that pulls my knee cap.

i've had lots of very painful deep tissue massage today. i hurt. alot. and now my muscles around my right knee are really sore.
sad sad face.

so no running for a week.
i can x-train/row/cycle/weights but nothing impact.
my next run will be the denbies 10mile on 20th May. bloody better be better by then.

also the physio isnt cheap - its like i'm back smoking a packet day again with what physio is costing! £35 a pop. but to be fair, i'm sooooo glad i'm doing it.

think i would have totally fcked my knee if i hadn't of done physio. i would have ignored it, maybe rested it abit but then would have run again. re-aggrivated it again. would have done that a few times, maybe cried abit and then i would have given up running.
would have then done lots of comfort eating.
would have ballooned.
and would now be wearing a smock to work - my ankles would be cankles. no cycling as too vast. in fact probs by now i'd be confined to my bed and would need a carer to feed me and attend to other "stuff". 
so bloody hell - thank goodness i'm having physio!

No comments: