Wednesday 8 January 2020

New decade, new diagnosis & the Americans came to play.

That redone blood test just before New Years... It was to re-check my blood sugar level.
GP phoned me Tuesday 31/12/19 - I'm type 2 diabetic.
Eeeep.
But not sure how bad - saw diabetic nurse on Thursday 2/1/20 after jet washing.

My Haemoglobin A1c level...
Normal is up to 47
My number 22/6/15 was 35
My number 16/12/19 was 60
My number 30/12/20 was 64

Oh boy.
Lizzie type 2 diabetic Carter at your service.
Needless to say bit in shock and doing a lot of googling 'endurance athlete and diabetes - what to eat'. 

Am now on Metformin 500mg tablets - need to get up to two twice a day. Am now on one twice a day so def getting there.

And while getting my head around this - Barb, Roggie and Blanche came through to Southampton Friday - Saturday :)
Arrived Friday 1:30pm - off to Premier Inn then walked to Bargate, souvenir shop, church with no roof, QEII anchor, Gods House Tower, Dancing Man, Kutis, Brewdog. The Saturday Tudor House for tea cakes and scones with Taco Bell lunch before waving them off at central station. 

Finished with Little Women at Harbour Lights.
Only bought a small bag of malteasers. 
I have lot to get my head around. 

Welcome to the 2020s xxx

No comments: