Monday 25 February 2013

125 days till the Eastleigh Open Water Triathlon!

On Sunday 30th June 2013 I will be participating in my first ever triathlon.

  1. 400m open water swim
  2. 20k bike ride
  3. 5k run

I'm very excited - Eastleigh Triathlon details

I've had a quick skim back at some of my posts last year when I'd just joined tri club. After week 3 I excitedly wrote that I could swim a whole THREE lengths - 75m without stopping & then in mid August - I wrote how I could now do 300m in FOURTEEN MINUTES and how amazing was that!?

well... Lizzie "elite athlete" Carter can now do 800m in twenty mins and today dear readers - Lizzie "awesome swimmer" Carter did a length in TWENTY NINE SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon I'll be doing 100m in under 2mins which means 800m in under 16 minutes. OMG. How awesome would that be? I'm not there yet but i reckon I will be by June.

  • Cycling - 20k is miles - nearly 13 miles in fact. That would take me over an hour at the moment.
  • Running - 5k - my fastest on the treadmill at the gym was about 31 minutes - I'd like to be doing sub 30 mins 5k's on a regular basis.


So lots to aim for in season 3 of OF&H. 

FUN!


No comments: